This module provides a broad overview of advanced DBMS for postgraduate and undergraduate students. The module has following specific aims:
- The Structured Query Language, SQL, is used at an advanced level with emphasis on real world commercial SQLs. A relational database is created and maintained using SQL and SQL procedural language.
- Create logical and physical 3rd normal form entity models.
- Define and maintain a database using SQL and a DBMS interface
- Design database objects using SQL procedural language.
- Identify the roles and the responsibilities of a database administrator with respect to the maintenance and security of a database server
Key topics included in this course are as follows:
- Advance Functions & quries
- Store Procedures
- Transactions in Database
- Error/Exception Handling
- Storage Backup
- Object Oriented Database
- Concurrency Control
- Teacher: Tayyaba Farhat